Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thoughts from Barack's Address to Congress

• How pathetic are the Congressmen/Congresswomen who arrived at 8AM to get an aisle seat so that they can get TV time?
• I like Joe Biden … he looks friendly
• I hate the rounds of applause. What a bunch of phony pricks. This is serious and they want to be cheerleaders.
• Energy/Healthcare/Education
• I’m sick of hearing about “inherited debt”
• Wind turbines and solar panels won’t even make a dent in the energy crisis
• McCain looks terrible!
• Pelosi should be shot (not seriously)
• I’m skeptical that the Gov will be able to adequately account for the spending of recovery funds. An effort this big takes a lot of planning, and there hasn’t been time.
• Auto loans/college loans/small business loans
• “responsible” people will be able to lower their payments
• “Banks will have more money to lend” … or to throw huge Oscars after parties!
• I keep hearing “accountability” … this is good
• Seriously people … sit down
• “Our job is to solve the problem” but I keep hearing about “inherited debt”
• “It’s not about helping banks, it’s about helping people” … great … MAKE THE BANKS LEND MONEY!
• Pelosi obviously doesn’t understand the tone of this speech. Smiling, waving at people, etc.
• Energy: I like the message of keeping technology here.
• Healthcare: I’m interested to hear the solution. I like the tone that reform must happen now.
• Education: nice … a goal. Highest ratio of college graduates to citizens by 2020.
• There’s the first “bipartisan” in the speech
• Nice message about parent responsibility
• Big cheer about not passing debt to our children from those who created it … followed by telling us that it was “debt we inherited” … that fits in nicely with the bipartisan rhetoric
• Man … this is a lot of big promises (Healthcare reform, Medicare reform, Social Security reform, new Energy policy, Education reform, end the Iraq war, defeat Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan) I hope he has an all-world team and a time machine
• I like Hillary’s outfit … Pelosi’s is terrible
• Nice story about the Banker who gave away his $60M bonus
• Nice moment with the little girl who isn’t a “quitter”
• He gives a good message, but I’m still skeptical
• Maybe baby-steps are good …

No comments: