Monday, March 25, 2013

Forgiveness

Sitting in church this morning I had a something come into my mind suddenly. I had an impression that I would be given the opportunity to grant forgiveness to someone for something where forgiveness is not common. Forgiveness that wouldn't make sense to most.

I am frightened by this thought.

I decided to watch The Passion of the Christ tonight after my family went to bed. It's Easter week and I have wanted to watch this movie again for years, but have neglected to grant myself the time to do so. So I did.

Through His unimaginable pain, through His humiliation, His exhaustion ... Jesus forgave. He forgave those who spit in His face, who flogged Him, mocked Him, stripped Him naked, nailed Him to the cross ... who took His life.

He forgave.

Who am I not to forgive, too?

No comments: