Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Things About Me

I posted this on Facebook and thought I'd post it here, too. The idea is to post 25 random or interesting things about yourself. Here's mine ...


1) I love my family. Lisa is a great mother and wife, and Claire is my baby girl.

2) I was 60 pounds heavier about 5 years ago. I remember my turning point. I was driving home from work one afternoon and my belt was cutting into my gut. I was so sick and tired of being fat and uncomfortable that I resolved to lose the weight.

3) I really enjoy reading books from the business section. I recommend "Good to Great", "Built to Serve", and "Think Better."

4) I was an average student (at best) through the seventh grade. At the end of the year there was a board in the hall that listed all the "Top Students" and my name wasn't on it. It bothered me so much that I was named one of the top 15 students in 8th grade.

5) I'm very goal-oriented. When I make up my mind to do something ... I do it. I can thank my Mom for being a perfectionist, and my Dad for always saying "If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right."

6) Everything that I own has a "place."

7) I haven't consumed any alcohol in over a year.

8) I'm a huge Texas Tech fan ... especially football. I used to drag Lisa to watch spring practice when we were in college. I'm practically a walking encyclopedia of Texas Tech knowledge.

9) I can spot grammatical errors instantly. It's weird ...

10) In the last two years I have competed in two triathlons (1 sprint, 1 olympic), ran a half marathon, and a full marathon.

11) I noticed when I was about 6 years old that when I pet a fuzzy puppy, the roof of my mouth tickles.

12) I have a healthy fear of flying. I've gotten much better over the past few years, but I used to not let Lisa get up to go to the bathroom because it made me nervous.

13) I was an all region power lifter in the 198lb weight class my junior year in high school.

14) I sweat a lot ... my parents said that I was a sweaty baby, too. Sad.

15) I have a very dry, sarchastic, and whitty sense of humor.

16) Outside of work it takes me a while to warm up to people. At work I'm generally seen as very outgoing.

17) I have two large screws in my left knee from a football injury in high school. You can see the heads of the bolts under the skin.

18) I'm very good at impersonations and I pick up on other people's accents. However, I can't do Irish ... it always turns into Pirate for some reason.

19) I like to sing rap songs in a "white nerd" voice.

20) I have really wide feet.

21) I have a sweet dance that I do to the Ghostbusters theme song. I would recreate it, but I would have to have camouflage, swimming goggles and an old man hat... ask my dad or sister about that.

22) I had a small scholarship when I went to college. I lost it when I got a 1.3 the first semester.

23) I went to Alaska when I was a kid. I was chased by a moose, wrecked my bike into a boulder, and was made to go to bed while it was still bright outside. I'll never go back.

24) I drug Lisa all over Paris for our honeymoon until she said "This is my honeymoon, not bootcamp!" I let her go back to the hotel while I went out to see more of Paris. While alone, I saw my favorite thing in Paris ... Père Lachaise Cemetery. Then I got lost on the subway ... D'oh!

25) After watching Ace Ventura, I developed a habit of making faces in the mirror to see what I looked like. I still do it today ...

No comments: